The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA)
invites qualified students with excellent academic achievements and
active in co-curricular activities to apply for the Shari'ah Scholarship
Award (SA) to pursue their higher education at either local or overseas
universities. The Shari'ah Scholarship Award is part of the Fund for
Shari'ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance
knowledge, research, talents, and intellectual discourse in the field of
Shari'ah. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia's commitment to
strengthen the development of the Islamic financial industry.
Eligible Study programmes:
- Postgraduate (Master or Doctorate) in Shariah or Islamic finance studies at recognized institutions of higher learning;
- Undergraduate studies at recognized institutions of higher learning in the field of Shari'ah with a double degree or a minor in one of the following disciplines: Islamic banking; Conventional banking; Accounting; Law; Economics; Finance; Management; or other related fields appropriate to the development of the Islamic financial industry.
- CIFP, only for those with Shariah background.
- The scholarship is open to citizens of all countries.
- Applicants have to secured admission at a recognized institution of higher learning. Applicants are required to pursue either a Bachelor, CIFP , Master or Doctorate programme, as defined above, in a fulltime programme.
- For a postgraduate application, applicants are required to have a CGPA of at least 3.5 or its equivalent.
- For an undergraduate application, applicants are required to have a CGPA of at least 3.3 or its equivalent (for the first semester result).
- Current students enrolled in the programmes specified above may also apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants should not be in receipt of any other scholarship award.
- An application for a scholarship must be submitted with the following documents, which must be in English:
- Application form. Please download at: http://www.isra.my/media-centre/downloads/finish/27-forms/428-scholarship-form.html;
- Photocopy of personal identification document (passport/identity card);
- Offer Letter from the institution of higher learning;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- An essay of not more than 100 words on ‘why the applicant should be awarded the scholarship and how he/she plans to contribute to the Islamic financial services industry’;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (only for a postgraduate scholarship application). Please use provided template.
- Thesis proposal (only for Master and PhD application by research or coursework & research); and Other relevant materials to support the application.
Please return your completed application form to:
Shari'ah Scholarship Award
International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA),
Lorong Universiti A, 59100 KUALA LUMPUR.
Further Information Link